Thursday, August 23, 2012

Polski

Dobranoc!

I'm not going to lie. I was a little disappointed with my Polish lesson tonight, but it's for reasons that I should be proud of. I learned about zero new things...The most important was how to use the word "but" (ale). The only other things I learned were how to say I'm Polish for a man and woman.

Polish is already easy because I've had experience with Serbian and Croatian. All of the languages of that area sound pretty similar. Croatian, Serbian, Czech, Polish, and even Russian...They all borrow words from each other.

Pimsleur, I love you to death, and I know this lesson was super easy for a reason. Maybe Polish is going to get really rough and they want me to go into it with more confidence, or, rozumiem  po polsku bardzo dobrze.

I will say though...I love Polish..If it remains this easy, then I will undoubtedly become fluent in it..Some words get complicated (spelling-wise) because there are words with major lacking of vowels, like "przepraszam", which is how you say "excuse me". It looks like gibberish, but it's surprisingly easy to spell.

Don't let Polish terrify you. It's really easy. Go learn it!

I didn't need any dictionaries or anything because I had my notes from a previous lesson, so I know how the phonetics work!

If the lesson gave me more, I'd be able to give you more..But this lesson was basically a quick way to kill a half an hour.

Do widzenia,

Your Favorite Polyglot

No comments:

Post a Comment