Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Writing in Arabic

What's up everyone?

I just finished working with Write It in Arabic: Second Edition by Naglaa Ghali to help tighten up my writing of the script. This book is phenomenal (I'm reading it on my kindle). It gives you a breakdown of every letter, symbol, and also gives you words (with phonetic pronunciations) that use the letters you just learn. It also has a complete section just for supplementary exercises. B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L piece of work.

For those of you who read my previous entry, you know how disappointed I was in my audio lesson. Tonight's "workout" made up for ALL of that. I was even tweeting in Arabic, and one of my followers responded IN Arabic. It was awesome. Not gonna lie, I did need to translate some of what she was saying because I'm not that good at reading it just yet, lol. But it was great nonetheless.

People don't mind talking to you when you speak their language. Even if it isn't the person's native language, and even if they aren't that good at it themselves, there is still the opportunity to learn from each other.

Here are some of the tweets that I posted tonight...Yes, they're random, but I felt accomplished making them. And thank you BlackBerry for having an Arabic keyboard!



طبعا!!
تبغ <
البرد القارس
حب وحنان
مشكلة? مستشفى.



It was a joy working with this book. It actually doesn't seem to be as bad as I expected. I just need to really know how to spell each word that I learn from my audio lessons. That requires a bigger dictionary than the one I have now..So I guess I need to get on that.

I'm not all that tired, so I might do some Hindi for you tonight. Devanagari is another beautiful script that I suck at, but I can only get better with practice.

وداعا,

Your Favorite Polyglot

Twitter: @mistercapoeira





No comments:

Post a Comment