Friday, October 12, 2012

Türkçe II

Merhaba! Nasılsınız??

Turkish is a bad ass language. I'm a little nervous about planning a trip there, but that doesn't mean that I can't practice and become fluent!

I repeat: Turkish is a bad ass language, lol. It is truly awesome.

I'm proud to acknowledge the fact that I've made it to the milestone that is learning about locations. To ask where something is in Turkish, the sentence structure is set up as such:

Place + Where = Sentence

So, if I want to know where Topkapi Square is, I'd say:

Topkapı Sarayı nerede?

Things also covered in this lesson were how to say "Here", or literally "This place here", and "There", or "That place there".

THE most important thing that I learned, though, was how to say "I don't understand". In Turkish, you say "Anlamadım". How useful is this, right? I know how to say "I don't know" and "I can't speak", but it's like..MANDATORY to be able to explain that you have no clue what someone is saying to you.

This one is pretty short, huh? Everything else was pretty much review, which is shocking, because it had been a while since I had come to it. It's crazy how I'm remembering things despite the time between lessons. I guess learning more languages makes it easier to retain everything!

As always, questions, helpful comments, tips, and advice are always welcome!

İyi günler,

Your Favorite Polyglot
Twitter: @mistercapoeira

No comments:

Post a Comment